The Journey. As a company grows, more information are generated, gathered and placed at different locations (silos - HR, help center, operations, sales, clients, finance, etc) on file servers, portals, databases, data centers. These disjointed silos of information kept on growing and scattered. A standard out-of-the-box search tool does not support across multiple silos and search results are failing, incomplete, inaccurate and may result in weak or wrong decisions. Without getting the holistic picture of the required information and situation, relevance and engagements nosedived and business risk is rising.
Common challenges faced by many companies:
- Required information sits in multiple silos and not able to consolidate on time due to different approving authority
- No holistic presentation of require information
- Poor visualization
- Many steps, long duration and differing approving authority to access and compile the required information
- Information collected are time stamped differently and incomplete resulting in inaccurate data for decision making
- Increase in business risk
Case 1: A patient may visit different hospitals, at different time and for different purposes. Some basic data cannot be shared because data exist in separate silos. Checks / tests need to be retaken resulting in waste of time and money. Some known problems & findings with the patient are not shared and may result in wrong prescriptions given.
Case 2: A company with multiple skills & experience exist in different locations and countries. A special project that requires a team with diverse skills need to be gathered at short notice but not able uncover these internal specialist due to data sitting in different data repositories. This causes delay and poor project execution because people with the wrong experience are put into the team.
Enterprise search refers to the integration of all relevant repositories, knowledge portal, help center, support center, libraries, including selected websites and enable users to find the relevant information at the quickest time. Searches are refined and qualified using combination of criteria like thesaurus, phonics, stemming, fuzzy, wildcard, Boolean, to increase and improve the search outcome.
Key components of Docuflo ES:
- Indexing Engine
- Federated Search Engine
- Web Crawler
- Document Filters
- Connectors to different repositories like Databases, Office365, Outlook mail
- Classification Manager
- Relevancy Ranking
Docuflo ES provides the following benefits:
- Consolidated view - connect all repositories within and outside the enterprise
- Improved search outcome
- Increased relevancy across multiple knowledge repositories
- Improve UX by doing lesser clicks